Like many of you, I was reading Problogger even before I started blogging.
Darren Rowse has become one of the biggest names in blogging and continues to attract readers by the thousands. As a professional blogger, he’s done it all, including co-authoring a book titled: ProBlogger: Secrets Blogging Your Way to a Six-Figure Income.
With that being said, it’s an honor to have Darren be part of my A.S.K. (Answers Sharing Knowledge) series. We begin with an answer that undoubtedly explains why he and Problogger have been so successful.
Let’s get started:
You’ve been blogging since 2002, have gained enormous success and notoriety, and boast a subscriber count of 50900+. What techniques worked best to increase the readership of your blog?
There are so many things that come together to increase readership – let me list a few:
• Engaging, unique and useful content – without writing something useful your blog will never attract anyone.
• Building a sense of anticipation – people will subscribe to a blog that they feel will give them something useful information in the future.
• Community – building something that people have a sense of belonging to is very powerful.
• Blogging with Emotion and Opinion – most blogs just repeat what everyone else is writing about but when you add opinion and emotion to your writing people will be drawn in and stimulated to add their own opinion.
• Prolific writing over the long term – blogs take time to build up.
Reflecting On The Answer
Thank you Darren for taking time out of your busy schedule to share your answer.
As Darren stated, it’s not just one thing that helps to increase our readership, but a combination of factors.
Based on Darren’s answer, will what he said affect how you blog in the future?
Or do you feel you’re on the right path?
Photo Credit: Darren Rowse/Problogger