It’s been another busy week here at BWAB and for me in my real life. As the week comes to a close, it’s time to recap what we’ve learned.
This week’s posts included:
Behind the scenes I’ve been experimenting with the following plugins.
1) Liz Strauss’ Comment Count Badge See mine in the right sidebar.
It’s an easy plugin to download, use and configure. For details and screen shots, check out Lorelle’s blog post titled:My Comment Count Is Bigger Than Your Comment Count
2) The What Would Seth Godin Do (WWSGD) plugin is shown on the top of each post.
It’s a typical download, and once activated the message in the rectangular box and easily be changed. To witness how other bloggers are using this plugin, check out Catherine Lawson’s great ideas.
3) Ozh’s Absolute Comments lets you reply to comments directly from your “comments” screen.
With this plugin you can answer one comment at a time. If you choose to answer more than one, the only way I’ve found to accomplish that is by entering your replies directly on the post screen.
To read more on comments, check our Joanna Young’s post titled: 10 Practical Ways To Boost Blog Comments and Conversation
To start off this weeks “Open Mic”, I have two questions for all of you.
1) Are you more apt to read a blog if the RSS feed reader count shows a high number?
2) With the introduction of Liz’s Comment Count Plugin, would the display of comment counts influence you to join in on the conversations?
The floor is yours. You know the rules.
Questions, comments and concerns are welcome.
Keep it Clean!
And don’t forget to either check the “subscribe to comments on this post” box, or subscribe to my comments RSS feed (upper right sidebar), so you can follow along.
Photo Credit: El Conde!’s photostream