I enjoy cooking and baking and have a love for beautiful cook books.
In fact, I would list looking at cookbooks as a favorite pastime.
Finding a recipe that ends up being a “keeper” is part of the fun, as is sharing a new dish with friends and family.
With that in mind, let’s have some fun today.
Just as a great dish starts with the perfect recipe, to be successful with blogging we also follow a “recipe” of sorts.
For today’s lesson, I’ll list the main ingredients. Your assignment will be to add additional ingredients you feel are important.
When we’re done compiling the recipe, I’m guessing it will win a blue ribbon in blogosphere.
Into the large bowl we call the internet, add the following…
- One each carefully chosen blog title
- One each tag line which describes your niche (or non-niche)
- One each blog platform – I prefer WordPress, but Blogger, Typepad or another can be substituted
- One each web host – a blog can develop without this ingredient, however some prefer to use it.
- One each theme – Consider this your starter theme. Chances are it will be replaced at a later date
Mix the above ingredients together until well blended.
One tablespoon of spam blocker
Three heaping cups of your favorite plugins
Gradually add handfuls of original content.
Okay, now it’s your turn.
What ingredients you would add to make a blog a true success? And why?
Photo Credit: MShades