The The 4-Hour Workweek( book) and the four day work week are both popular ideas. Based on the concept of “four”, I’ll be experimenting with the “Four Day Open Mic”.
The concept for the “Four Day Open Mic” (proposed) series is this: For the next four days the comment section (of this post) will be open to any questions, comments, and/or concerns any of you have about blogging. I’ll drop in to answer comments and if anyone can help another blogger with a problem they’re facing, feel free to join in.
Like many of you, I am dealing with a lack of time. Other than work and life, I’ll spend the next four days reading the rest of Liz’s book, emailing other experts for my A.S.K. series, answering emails, visiting other blogs, and working behind the scenes.
To recap this week:
1) Liz Strauss was the first participant in the A.S.K. (Answers Sharing Knowledge) series. She shared her answer on How To Format A Blog Post To Maximize Comments
2) Ari’s Our Best Version was introduced on New Blog Of The Week (NBOTW)
3) On Wednesday we discussed how to build a community in our blogs. The comment section is filled with brilliant ideas for anyone who missed it.
To start off this week’s Open Mic, I have two questions.
1) Has anyone ever “seeded” their comment section. Seeding is the process of writing a comment yourself (using a different name) as a way to encourage others to join in.
2) I’ve been trying to add a comment feed to this blog. I burnt a feed on Feedburner, got the feed address, but when I add the feed “code” to my sidebar, I can’t get it to work. Any ideas what I’m doing wrong? (I’ve experimented with it on my OM blog).
You know the rules.
Keep it Clean!
And don’t forget to check the “subscribe to comments on this post” box so you can follow along.
Photo Credit: El Conde!’s photostream