You may be asking yourself, how can I meet a loyal blog visitor?
In the “personals of blogging”, your may state that you are looking for
“A visitor who will visit my blog often, who will share their thoughts, stroke my ego, and who may even be available for a long term relationship.”
Blog visitors will “find you”, via a “dating service” called search engines, referrals, or direct traffic.
One blog “dating service” is just as good as the next.
But, blog visitors can be like one night stands.
After they “meet” your blog, they do one of five things,
1) They extract the information they are looking for, and leave, never to be seen again.
2) Because they don’t like the looks of your home page, they don’t even give you a chance.
3) They love your theme and the content that you share, and put your name in their social bookmarking “black book”.
4) Better yet, they put you on “speed dial” (and subscribe to your RSS feed)
5) Or….they may marry you (and provide a link on their site…to yours)
I’m a sucker for happy endings, so I will add……….”And they lived happily ever after……..” 😀
In the advertising world, it’s often written that sex sells.
With blogs, content sells.
Provide consistent, quality content, and you may find many long term relationships.
Review your blog, has it had one too many “one night stands”?
Does your blog need an extreme makeover?
Have the lines of communication with your readers taken a nose dive?
Can a visitor easily subscribe to your blog, via an RSS feed?